Swan Hill, in the heart of the Murray River region, is a versatile area that always offers something exciting and new to experience.
Aside from its breathtaking aesthetic beauty, Swan Hill is all about discovery.
As a region rich in culture and incredible local produce, and home to fantastic wining and dining experiences, a trip around Swan Hill is one that will delight all of your senses.
The glorious Murray provides a stunning backdrop to attractions and activities such as golf, wineries, natural bushland and billabongs and panoramic vistas of plants and wildflowers, the balance of rural city meets pristine country is pretty much perfect.
Whether it’s exploring the various produce trails, shopping in the city and venturing about the brilliant cafes and restaurants or getting back to nature with a spot of fishing or bushwalking, Swan Hill will extend a friendly welcome and relaxed atmosphere to all who explore this sunbathed region.
Things to do
- Visit the Pioneer Settlement Museum and browse the collection of artefacts from the pioneering days.
- Check out the collection at the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery, first established in 1966 this gallery hosts a number of striking artworks from local and national talent and significance.
- Kaleidoscopic storytelling at the ‘Heartbeat of the Murray Laser Spectacular – an incredible and cutting edge laser and light spectacular show on the banks of the Little Murray river as evening falls.
- Visit the iconic giant Murray Cod and maybe enjoy some lunch at the nearby restaurants and cafe’s, or bring your own and picnic in Riverside Park.
- Visit Andrew Peace Wines – a renowned local cellar door which is perfect for getting away.
- Take a ride on the Paddle Steamer Pyap and enjoy a leisurely tour up the river and back again while relaxing on the deck.
- Enjoy the riverside atmosphere at Big4 Riverside, rated as one of the best spots for accommodation in Swan Hill.
Image By Whinging Pom – Flickr, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3441689